28 July 2009

Health update

Doctor's visits so far: 2

Stuart had his wisdom tooth removed in Windhoek, following a mad dash from Swakopmund, a short stay looking for a dentist with an open schedule, and a further dash on to Etosha fuelled by painkillers and antibiotics.

My horse fall resulted in a doctor's visit in Swakopmund for a checkup, where the doc was impressed by my hematoma, and gave me a miracle cream for my scrapes which made them heal really fast. All that's left now is a pain in my left rib and an ache in my shoulder when I lie on it.

The cough I picked up two days out of Joburg disappeared a few days ago, mercifully.

Merryl managed to evade any injuries so far, barring a few splinters, but has suffered from swollen ankles and a stomach bug for the last two days, which has prevented her from seeing the Tsolido rock art.

The car acquired a new dent in Abiqua when Stuart tested the high lift jack on some slippery ground, but we were glad he did, as we were able to easily fix the slow puncture we got on the gravel track to Naukluft when we picked up a bent piece of wire. Thanks to the tyre shop in Swakop that was fixed for the reasonable price of N$63 - about 7€.

No comments:

Post a Comment